Last update: June 2021
- We, travel audience GmbH, are concerned about privacy issues and want you to be familiar with how we collect, use and disclose Personal Information (i.e. information that identifies you as an individual) on our website.
We would first of all now like to ensure that you are aware of the bodies which you can contact in connection with any questions:
Name and Address of the Controller
The Controller within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation and other national data protection laws of the member states as well as other provisions under data protection law is:
travel audience GmbH
T: +49 30 530 230 610
Contact data of the data protection officer
The data protection officer of travel audience GmbH can be reached by normal mail under Data protection officer, travel audience GmbH, Elsenstraße 106, 12435 Berlin, Germany or by e-mail email@example.com
An initial overview
It is very important to us that you are informed in full which personal data we may collect in relation to you and how we use these. The type and the scope of the personal data, which we collect and process are decisively determined according to how you use our website. It is also decisive which information you enter when using the website. We and other service providers enter and process the information stated by you at different times when using the website to a varied extent, depending on the type of use of this website.
travel audience principally only collects and uses your personal data insofar as this is necessary in order to provide a functional website as well as our contents and services.
What are personal data and which types are recorded on this website?
Personal data is any information, which refers to an identified or identifiable natural person. This is therefore all data, which identify you as an individual or make identifiable. For example name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address.
The processing of personal data is only carried out if this is permitted by statutory regulations.
We will present to you in detail below, which personal data we collect, how and why we process these and on which legal basis this takes place.
How we use the personal data entered by you
We use the entered personal data for the following purposes:
- In order to process your inquiries (e.g. in order to have news and updates sent to you and in order to answer your questions).
- In order to obtain remarks and comments (e.g. within the scope of a survey).
- In order to send you important information with regard to the website, changes to our business terms and conditions and guidelines and/or other administration-related information.
- If you consent or if permitted by virtue of the law in order to inform you by e-mail about products and services, special and promotion offers and to send you other marketing material that could possibly be of interest to you.
- If you have consented in order to evaluate your usage behavior with regard to the newsletters sent by us, operated websites and the used links or executed downloads for a better and more personal service.
- For internal business purposes, e.g. data analysis, audits, development of new products, extension of our website, improvement of our services, identification of trends for use and assessment of the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns.
The legal framework for the use of your personal data
The use of the entered personal data is only carried out as envisaged in the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
- If necessary for the processing of personal data, we will obtain your consent pursuant to 6 Para. 1 lit. a.
- If the processing of your personal data serves to fulfil a contract, in which you participate as a contractual party, 6 Para. 1 lit. b GDPR is the legal basis. This shall also apply to processing activities, which are necessary for the execution of pre-contractual measures.
- If we process your personal data in order to fulfil a legal obligation, this is based on 6 Para. 1 lit. c GDPR.
- If vital interests of the data subject or another natural person renders a processing of personal data necessary this shall take place owing to 6 Para. 1 lit. d GDPR.
- If the processing is necessary in order to safeguard a legitimate interest of our company or a third party and if the interests, fundamental rights and fundamental freedom of the data subject do not outweigh the first mentioned interest then 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR will serve as a legal basis for the processing.
If you follow this link
you can read the entire text of the GDPR law.
After this general overview of the use of your personal data and their legal bases, we will present to you below for the individual case how and why we process your personal data, how long we store these for and which rights you have.
What happens when you merely pay a visit to our website in order to inform yourself about us?
With the mere informational use of our website, therefore if you do not register or otherwise send information, we will only collect the personal data, which your b. If you would like to view our website, we will collect the following data, which are necessary for us from a technical point of view in order to display our website to you and the guarantee the stability and security, the legal basis is Art 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR:
Your registration data,
Type and version of your browser,
Your time zone setting,
Type and version of your browser plugins,
Your operating system and your platform.
If you use the website we enter details relating to your geographical data. These location details enable us to offer you location-based products and services at the respective time. They will, however, not be stored by us or forwarded to third parties.
Collected information relating to your use of the website, your full URL-click stream (Uniform Resource Locator), via the and from the website (with details of data and time), the products displayed or searched for by you, answer times of the sites, download errors, duration of the display of certain sites, Information relating to the site interactions (how e.g. scrolling, clicking and mouse-over) as well as the methods used to leave the site.
What happens with your personal data when you have left our website again?
If you have sufficiently informed yourself about us on our website and left it again without, for example, having registered for our newsletter or without carrying out any further action, we will store your data, which are necessary for the operation of our homepage after 14 months.
The aforementioned shall apply to the visit to our website purely for informational purposes. Our website, however, offers many different possibilities for usage and contact. Depending on which offers you use, your personal data will be stored and processed to a varying extent. Below we have presented for you in detail what the respective type of usage means for the handling of your personal data.
travel audience and other service providers record details in relation to your person by using cookies.
You can check our Cookie list here.